Keep an Eye Open for School Buses
It’s that time of year. Summer is quickly coming to an end, and many children are going back to school. That also means there will be school buses carrying children to and from school every weekday. Here is a list of some of the Pennsylvania School Bus Stopping Laws:
- When you meet or overtake a stopped school bus with red signal lights flashing and stop arm extended, you MUST STOP.
- When you approach an intersection where a school bus is stopped with red signal lights flashing and stop arm extended, you MUST STOP.
- You MUST STOP at least ten (10) feet away from the school bus.
- You MUST WAIT until the red lights have stopped flashing and the stop arm has been withdrawn before moving.
- DO NOT MOVE until all the children have reached a place of safety.
Be alert, and keep an eye out for school buses, and children crossing the street or road.